You want to start a small business or just need to make some money for extras; here are a few tips for starting to sell on eBay. Heard and read a lot about eBay and you are getting curious of all the state of the art things your colleagues have bought on eBay. So you now decide to look up what is this eBay they are talking about?
So you queried eBay in Google, and voila you are confronted with all those pages for eBay. Getting more confused you turned in to search and query how could one start at eBay. So here you are confronted by this article.
- First and foremost before you could start anything in the internet you have to set up an account. On eBay an online marketing site where you can sell and buy things, you have to open a seller account. It will be easy and simple to set up a seller account.
You have to confirm the name, phone number and address that eBay have on their file.
State an automatic method for payment of seller fees and for the refunds of privileges that are due you under the eBay Buyer Protection Policy.
Getting a PayPal account is also recommended.
- Start on creating listing
Thinking of getting ready to sell, eBay is going to extend a helping hand in creating an effective listing. Commence listing by simple descriptions of items. That’s a start and you could easily pin point the best starting point. Guides in pricing are provided and as you go through the process tips are also feed to you.
Not satisfied go and do research on price setting and format for lists and choices of categories by making comparisons with active items on eBay with your item.
You can learn more or you can start your sales now. Just click on the word Sell provided at the top part of eBay sites pages. There are policies on prohibitions and restrictions of certain items that are listed and there are also items marked as not allowed and allowed when you do lists and complete some sales.
- You can now start to manage your sell listing
You can visit My eBay and see bids and purchases of your listed items by checking the Sell section. Then here you have to learn lists revisions.
Know your items on lists and make sure you could state answers to queries by prospective buyers about your listed items. Feedbacks will make you a stronger eBay seller. So cultivate good rapport with your potential customers.
- Sensitive handling of these last stages will make or break your business and your newly started online career.
- Most important of all is upfront communication with your buyer. Upon completion of a checkout you will be notified by email. You have to make an effort of contacting your buyer within 3 days that your lists end.
- Make sure you have received the payment for your item before you ship out. Check whether the electronic and credit card payment has been made and credits are inputted to your account before shipping out the item. If you choose to accept checks, be sure the check has been cleared by the bank before you deliver you item.
- On shipping the item secure the package properly so as to preempt untoward incidents. Performance can be affected by how you packaged your item to be shipped.
- Address of the consignee and the return address for you is written legibly and correctly to avoid confusion and miss delivery.
- Create your shipping and packing labels and slips on eBay to save time.
- Simply drop your package to be shipped at the post office because you have already printed your label for shipping and save some time by cutting those trips to the post office by using a free pickup by a courier that is included on orders that are on Priority Mail or you could charge a small fee.
- With most things and transactions online let your costumers leave feedbacks for you and you have to leave feedbacks for your buyers too. These will strengthen your relationship as one member of eBay community. And propel your rank during sale queries.