The Data Conversion is an emerging field for the in-house workers as well as freelancers. Data conversion plays a huge role in allowing companies to build and maintain their databases in an efficient way. It offers them the versatility to convert and store data in whichever format they need. With many of the companies these days relying on online storage and making the switch to paperless offices, the role of data conversion has become all the more important. These services are indispensable towards attaining their targets of data lifecycle management and documentation. Today, there are lots of companies offering data conversion services which have the adequate technology and manpower to undertake voluminous operations without any fuss. As we all know that data is a lifeline for any organization, and converting the data in a meaningful form is even more important for the smooth flow of the information. In this regard, data conversion plays a vital role in gathering the information in the desired form and regulating the same.
Different Types of Data Conversion Service
- XML conversion: XML or Extensible Markup Language is a framework of rules which helps in the creation of markup languages. XML format often allows users to present the data in a more efficient way. It also enables easier sharing via the internet. There are a number of excellent features in the XML that helps the users to get the job done in the desired manner. XML is mainly used for the technical data such as Product Specific Import and Export Tools, Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformation, and Application Programming Interfaces. XML conversion involves the conversion of data in a particular format to XML format. The key while converting the XML data is the accuracy of the data. Another reason why people using XML data conversion is the flexibility that XML allows you to present the data in a number of formats.
- PDF Conversion: Portable Document Format or PDF was made popular by Adobe. It has quickly become one of the most popular business formats across various platforms. It is a highly versatile format which allows conversion of pdf to other formats like Excel, Word, IMG, JPEG etc and vice versa. Due to its popularity, PDF conversion has become a common term in most companies. If you know how to use PDF converters, you can build a career as a data converter. Such conversion is time consuming; hence most companies outsource it to data conversion service providers
- HTML Conversion: Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) is one of the most popular languages for presenting various information like text, image and video in a user friendly way so that the required information can be easily accessed by the user. It is basically used for the creation of web pages. However, this format cannot be used offline. Hence, you can use HTML conversion to convert it into PDF, PPT or RTF document, thereby allowing for offline usage.Currently, the HTML conversion is the most popular form of data conversion.
- PSD Conversion: Another popular way of data conversion is PSD conversion. In this form of conversion, you have to convert the different types of images into PSD format. The PSD files are used to view the images in the Adobe PhotoShop. Adobe Photoshop users might frequently come across PSD files which is basically a layered image file. It is a technology that allows users to work on different layers of the same file in Adobe Photoshop. It has proved to be a very handy format for photo experts, graphic designers and professional photographers. This is one of the reasons why PSD conversion has gained in popularity over the years. Today, one can easily convert PSD files to JPG, PNG, HTML etc as per their requirement. Many people wants the images in the PSD files because it allows them to edit the images in a number of ways. There is always a high demand in the market for conversion of files from HTML to PSD or from JPG/GIF to PSD, and if you know how to convert PSD files, you will make a career in the data conversion field.
- OCR Conversion: Optical Character Recognition, or OCR, has been touted as a path breaking technology that allows users to convert complex formats like paper documents, PDF, images etc into a searchable format. By converting them into a digital, searchable format, users can easily edit or convert the files into other file formats as required. OCR technology has enhanced the usefulness of other formats by making them more meaningful and user friendly. Large organizations constantly need someone who can convert the files received through email into an editable version so that they can work on it. If you are good at OCR conversion, you will always get a number of data conversion jobs.
Why Outsource Data Conversion?
There are a number of benefits to outsource the data conversion work, but the most important advantage is, it reduces the overall cost of the work considerably. Apart from that, when you outsource this type of work, you will get the job done quickly as compare to hiring someone in-house. Data conversion often involves tons of data which needs to be converted into a digital format which can then be stored in the required format as per the policy of the company. It goes without saying that you are going to be charged depending on the amount of data that needs to be converted. For firms in US and Europe, hiring native companies for this work can seriously upset their annual budget. On the other hand, there are quite a lot of reliable data conversion service providers in countries like India that can do the same work in a fraction of the price. They have adequate certification to operate in this business and hence can be trusted with your data. Also, with the advent of internet and related services, transferring of data and receiving the converted digital data is no longer a problem.
Benefits of Data Conversion Service
- One of the primary benefits of hiring a data conversion service provider is that you will have all your important data stored in convenient formats and you never have to worry about losing it.
- By storing the data in a format you require, you can access it anytime you want without any hassles.
- By outsourcing your data conversion requirement, you can reduce overhead cost and ensure considerable savings, without having to compromise on the quality.
- The data thus stored digitally can be used for conducting analysis and market study which can in turn improve the efficiency of your work.
- It becomes easier to conduct audits, training’s and quality improvement programs when you have all important data available digitally.