Nowadays there are several websites which can be accessed through the mobile phone. This could simply make it more feasible for people who are looking for online jobs. One of the most popular online job sites is the microworkers.com that had adopted this scheme.
As a summary, microworkers.com is the market for online jobs which allows people to do simple tasks in exchange of money. Most of the time, these tasks can be easily done through signing up an email account, posting in a forum, making an email response, answering a survey, and other small tasks. Since the breakthrough of micro-crowdsourcing, the influx of this scheme had predominantly increasing in the online community.
Now that it adopted the mobile world, people can easily look for a job and work anytime they want. However, there are speculations that have rumored the effectiveness of this scheme. It includes the following issues:
1. Low payouts in MicroWorkers.com
– Since this is a micro task we have to expect that the common rates for every task is quite minimal. It may range between $0.25 and $1. The rate will depend on the level of tasks that needs to be done. There are no limits with tasks in a day. As long as you are able to accommodate several tasks, you can earn higher that what is opted.
2. Low Availability of Tasks in MicroWorkers.com
– Most employers who are providing these tasks are naturally posting it on the site. Despite of the competitions among the applicants, people who get the job done right and fast may earn more than others. This can affect the weigh between supply and demand. There are times that the tasks posted are not sufficient to meet the demands of the applicants. There will be a time that every applicant will have limited access to several tasks in a day because of the influx. Nevertheless, you can still work on daily basis.
3. Underpaid Tasks
– Due to the level of competition arising in this site, there are several employers who are decreasing the rate of their tasks. This is because the demands over exceeded the supply. In the end, the employers will have to minimize the cost of the rates in order for them to save extra money for other tasks. In return, this will affect the privilege of the applicants.
With regards to these issues, the continuation of the micro tasks is consistently providing the applicants with online jobs. Despite of the influx that is occurring in the recent activities, employers will still provide jobs that can be managed by several people. It is one way of finishing their project on a short period of time. Utilizing the human sources will help them to arrive with final output. As for the applicants, they can still benefit from these jobs because most of the tasks given can be done in just few minutes. Otherwise, they will look for other scheme that can help them earn more money but requires another level of difficulty. The microworkers.com will still be the leading site for micro-crowdsourcing.